The owner of the registration must renew his trademark during the following time periods:
First Filing Deadline: File between the 5th and 6th years after the registration date. If the renewal is accepted, the registration will continue in force for the remainder of the ten-year period from the registration date.
- Subsequent Filing Deadline: File between the 9th and 10th years after the registration date, and between every 9th and 10th year after the registration date thereafter.
NOTE regarding Grace Period Filings: The above documents will be accepted as timely if filed within six months after the deadlines listed above with the payment of an additional fee.
The Renewal process looks as follows:
- You receive the Reminder from Patent Trademark Office
- You sign it and mail it back to us in the Reply Paid envelope provided
- We send you the invoice after we receive the signed Reminder from you
- Upon receipt of all the fees the trademark is renewed
Failure to renew your trademark on time might result in cancellation of the trademark and a new application to pursue registration of the mark again must be filed.